This imposing building with its rigorously geometric early 20th-century rationalist architecture faces onto the Apulian coastline and combines stylistic elements of the Fascist period – it was built between 1932 and 1934 – with the use of local raw materials such as the white Trani stone of the central tower and the yellow tuff of the side wings.
During the day, the pale Trani stone reflects the natural light of the sun. The building really comes into its own in the evening, though, as coloured light pours down the facade from the upper cornice to the street-level pavement.
The effect is achieved with RGBW Neva 7.1 linear profiles mounted on brackets. The fixtures were chosen with a narrow 18° beam that picks out the central tower's three protruding architectural elements to emphasise the building's verticality.
The photos were taken when the building was lit with three large, coloured bands to reproduce the Italian flag; however, a control panel allows different lighting scenes to be set, so the superb architecture can be shown off with ever-changing scenic effects.